You may contact email@example.com
- (current) Ph.D degree in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology
- (2011) Master's degree in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology
- (2009) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Seoul National University, Korea
Research Experience (details)
- (current) Research Assistant, Statistical Machine Learning and Visualization Laboratory, Georgia Tech, Atlanta
- Statistical analysis and visualization of text documents
- Mood Analysis (Generalized Sentiment Analysis)
- Research Assistant, Biointelligence Laboratory, Seoul, Korea July 2009
- Hypernetwork model(a cognitive machine learning model) for language learning
- Build Hypernetwork framework in C++, funded by Korea Ministry of Knowledge Economy
Seungyeon Kim, Fuxin Li, Guy Lebanon, and Irfan Essa. Beyond Sentiment: The Manifold of Human Emotions. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2013. pdf
Joonseok Lee, Seungyeon Kim, Guy Lebanon, and Yoram Singer. Local Low-Rank Matrix Approximation. Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2013.
Joonseok Lee, Mingxuan Sun, Seungyeon Kim, and Guy Lebanon. Automatic Feature Induction for Stagewise Collaborative Filtering. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems(NIPS) 25, 2012. pdf
Seungyeon Kim, Joshua V. Dillon and Guy Lebanon. Cumulative Revision Map. preprint
Seungyeon Kim. Modeling and Visualizing Version-controlled Documents. Master's Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011. pdf
Seungyeon Kim and Guy Lebanon. Local Space-Time Smoothing for Version Controlled Documents. Proc. of The 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING) 2010. pdf
- External Reviewer 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM) 2012.
- Intern, and Software Engineer(part-time), Daum Communications, Seoul, Korea 2008
- Renovated Daum Book (http://book.daum.net) as a main programmer (Spring Framework, iBatis, and AJAX)
- Proposed and implemented an efficient algorithm of suggesting sample sentences in online dictionaries (Wordnet query expansion and tf-idf based IR)
- Team Leader, Rebi Corp, Seoul, Korea 2007
- Improved online website crawling algorithm using different crawling policy between authorities(hub) and contents (Apache Nutch, Apache Hardoop distributed system)
- Teaching Assistant, Machine Learning, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA, fall 2012
- Project Teaching Assistant, Artificial Intelligence, Seoul National Univeristy, Korea July 2009
- Responsible for guiding a term project. The course was taught in English.
- Lecturer, Korea Internet Volunteer, Nairobi, Kenya Summer 2007
- A volunteer job supported by Korea Government.
- Kwanjeong Educational Foundation Fellowship, 2011-2015
- University Fellowship, Seoul National University, all semesters
- National Undergraduate Science & Technology Scholarship, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, 2007
- President, Georgia Tech Korean Student Association, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, 2012
- President, Georgia Tech Korean Computer Science Student Association, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, 2011
- President, UPnL, Software Dev. Club, Seoul National University, Korea 2004
- supported by Samsung SDS
- Machine Learning: (semi) supervised learning, dimensionality reduction, clustering, graphical models, etc.
- Natural Language Processing: sentiment/mood analysis, IR, classification, sequential text models
- Server Mangement: SMLV Lab Manager (3 linux rack servers)
- Software: Lemur, Indri, Spring Framework, iBATIS, Apache HTTP, Apache Nutch, Apache Hadoop